Thursday, June 24, 2010

Challenging Page for a Throwback Challenge

How do you create an album page when the only picture you have of the event is a Polaroid? You can't cut the picture or surrounding white because the chemicals inside will be exposed and the picture ruined, but it's not exactly an attractive shape to incorporate in a layout. I decided to try to deal with it by hiding it in plain site and at the same time participate in Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge (http://www.creativetimeforme.com/2010/06/throwback-thursday-challenge-episode54.html).

Using the Doodlecharms cartridge, I cut the presents at 5 1/2 inches along with the bow and tag layer. The present on the top right became the spot for the title sticker. The present on the top left will be the journaling box. (I just used my scissors to cut out the main part of the present and then backed it with white paper.) I used the Polaroid to make the third present, tucked the base of the picture under the lower border to make it look like a picture with a white mat, and added the bows on top. By reversing the top layer of each of the bows, I felt like they had a little more dimension. The paper and cardstock are all from Creative Memories.

I'd love to hear how you might have dealt with a challenging album page!

4 comments:

  1. This came out BEAUTIFUL Victoria!! Purple is my ALL TIME FAVORITE COLOR!! GREAT job w/the challenge my friend!! Hope to see you back for another Throwback Thursday!
    Big Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful , love the colors !!

    You're invite to visit my blog and sign up to my follower
    http://www.dreamscardsbypatty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea not to hide it. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blog. became a follower.
    www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete